Project Location Colorado | Services Commercial Water
Venture Capital Partner - Water Asset Management
People William Fronczak,
LRE Commercial Water Team is partnered with a client who owns water assets in Colorado. The client is a venture capital firm from New Orleans, LA, and we partnered with this entity to assist in the evaluation, management and eventual sale of the entities water assets to oil and gas and other industrial clients.
The client’s assets are all located in the South Platte drainage north and east of Denver (See Figure 1).
Our goal with this partnership was to be the client’s engineering team. Project highlights:
- Collect, organize, review and evaluate water rights and other water assets owned, managed or controlled by the entity
- Developing business development strategies and tactical management plans to develop and market the water assets;
- Assist with the sale/lease of the water assets to industry;
- Develop a sales marketing plan for the water assets;
- Develop and manage milestones;
- Assist in the preparation of financial models and business case analyses for the entity that includes repayment of capital, rate of return and other metrics for project consideration;
- Assist in the preparation of simple profit and loss statements for entity that tracks the sale or lease of the water assets;
- Assist in the negotiations of contracts for the sale/lease of water assets at the request of the entity;
- Recommend and oversee third party engineering and legal services as needed to develop the water