Join Our Team
Professional Skills and Abilities
At LRE, our goal is to find the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. Because we are dedicated to a system of core values, we specifically recruit professionals who are aligned with our needs and culture.
Generally, we hire professionals with five to ten years of water industry experience as an engineer, geologist or scientist. We want people who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel your education, work experience, and skill sets match these requirements, we encourage you to send us a letter and resume expressing your interest. We take our review process seriously and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, health care benefits, career development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment. We designed our benefits program to provide staff with the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth.
If interested in joining our team, please send your resume to employment@LREwater.com.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Water Rights/Water Resources Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager
We are currently seeking a Water Resources Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager, with 10+ years of experience in water rights and water resource engineering. Potential exists for company ownership and leadership positions.
- Manage projects, budgets, and client relationships, and provide quality control review, for projects such as the following:
- Technical support for Water Court applications (SWSPs, Augmentation Plans, etc.)
- Water supply planning studies
- Hydrologic and water rights yield investigations
- Stream depletion analyses such as crop consumptive use, and stream depletions, and evaluation of potential injury to other water users
- Water budget models for discrete systems and river basin modeling
- Assist clients in identifying, understanding, and solving problems
- Coordination with attorneys, water users, administrators, objectors, and colleagues
- Preparation of scopes of work, technical reports, including expert disclosure reports
- Expert testimony in Water Court
- Ability to foster relationships that lead to new and repeat clients
We support and encourage ongoing professional development, and participation in relevant professional organizations in the community.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in water rights and water resource engineering, including a working knowledge of Colorado water rights and water administration
- Strong technical skills, including skill in interpretation and understanding of water right decrees; administration guidelines; maps; and water supply, demand, and use data
- Strong writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Professional registration preferred
- Positive attitude
- Independent, self-directed, motivated
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
If you meet the minimum requirements above and are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leonard Rice Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.