Join Our Team
Professional Skills and Abilities
At LRE, our goal is to find the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. Because we are dedicated to a system of core values, we specifically recruit professionals who are aligned with our needs and culture.
Generally, we hire professionals with water industry experience as an engineer, geologist or scientist. We want people who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel your education, work experience, and skill sets match these requirements, we encourage you to send us a letter and resume expressing your interest. We take our review process seriously and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, health care benefits, career development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment. We designed our benefits program to provide staff with the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth.
If interested in joining our team, please send your resume to employment@LREwater.com.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Staff Hydrogeologist - Phoenix (Full Time)
LRE Water (LRE) is seeking an entry level Staff Hydrogeologist with 0-3 years experience to join our growing Phoenix Office. The Staff Hydrogeologist will assist our project managers on a wide range of Water Resources projects including:
- Water Supply and Recharge Well Design; Drilling and Well Construction Oversight
- Aquifer Hydrologic Characterization; Aquifer testing
- Well Assessments, Modifications, and Rehabilitations
- Water Quality Assessments; Well Siting Studies
- Planning and Permitting for Groundwater Recharge, Storage, and Recovery
- Groundwater and Surface Water Modeling Support
Provide technical support to senior-level staff on a variety of water resources projects. Perform both field and office assignments, as needed.
- Field work will include various forms of hydrologic testing; sampling surface water and groundwater; oversight of well drilling operations, borehole logging, and well installation; and coordination/oversight of subcontractors.
- Field assignments will primarily be local to the Phoenix metro area. Some (20-30%) travel, including overnight stays, may be required. Field assignments will require ability to perform physically demanding, outdoor work in all types of weather.
- Office work will include technical report writing and review; quality control and quality assurance and tabulation of field and laboratory data; generating boring logs and geologic cross sections; aquifer test design, implementation, and analysis; generating maps and figures; and assistance with groundwater modeling tasks. Additional opportunities for more complex and technical work will be available as staff desire and experience warrants.
- Assist in the development of, and independently execute field work plans.
- Work independently and within multidisciplinary teams to meet project schedules, budgets, and objectives for diverse municipal and private sector clients.
- Communicate findings and problems to senior staff and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Apply knowledge of geology and hydrogeology to aid development and management of groundwater resources for clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in geology or hydrogeology (or related field) with 0-3 years of experience in water resources and/or hydrogeological investigations; MS Degree a plus but not required
- Strong, all-around academic knowledge and understanding of hydrogeology and geology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong MS Office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible and self-motivated, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Candidates should have the ability to develop competency across all technical areas of his/her work (indicators are computer proficiency, technical writing, verbal communication, presentation skills, learning from experiences, and seeking feedback from more experienced staff).
- Experience with ArcGIS, MODFLOW, AutoCAD, AqteSolv, RockWorks, and/or database software a plus
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. A cover letter and resume must be submitted for consideration. Please include references and salary requirements.
At LRE, our goal is to enable a steady and profitable pace of growth, so we are committed to finding the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. LRE has been providing high quality hydrogeologic services in Colorado for 50 years. The Phoenix office is steadily growing and is dedicated to the long established LRE core values (Everyone is Essential, Excellence, Ownership, Continuity, Balance, and Passion).
The LRE Phoenix Office is seeking professionals that are aligned with our culture and who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel that your education, work experience, and skill sets meet our requirements, we encourage you to send us a cover letter and resume expressing your interest to employment@LREwater.com. Please know that we take seriously our review process and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match; medical, dental and vision benefits; employer provided short and long-term disability; employee assistance and wellness programs; flexible spending accounts; employer provided basic life insurance; voluntary life insurance options; career development opportunities and an outstanding work environment. Our benefits program is designed to provide staff the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth, making LRE a great place to work! LRE does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category with respect to the payment of wages.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
LRE is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. LRE promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against employees or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, genetics, ancestry, gender identity, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans. LRE validates right to work using E-Verify. LRE will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm authorization to work in the United States.