Join Our Team
Professional Skills and Abilities
At LRE, our goal is to find the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. Because we are dedicated to a system of core values, we specifically recruit professionals who are aligned with our needs and culture.
Generally, we hire professionals with five to ten years of water industry experience as an engineer, geologist or scientist. We want people who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel your education, work experience, and skill sets match these requirements, we encourage you to send us a letter and resume expressing your interest. We take our review process seriously and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, health care benefits, career development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment. We designed our benefits program to provide staff with the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth.
If interested in joining our team, please send your resume to employment@LREwater.com.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Project Manager/Sr. PM - Water Rights/Water Resources (Denver, CO)
We are currently seeking a Water Resources Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager, with 10+ years of experience in water rights and water resource engineering. Potential exists for company ownership and leadership positions.
- Manage projects, budgets, and client relationships, and provide quality control review, for projects such as the following:
- Technical support for Water Court applications (SWSPs, Augmentation Plans, etc.)
- Water supply planning studies
- Hydrologic and water rights yield investigations
- Stream depletion analyses such as crop consumptive use, and stream depletions, and evaluation of potential injury to other water users
- Water budget models for discrete systems and river basin modeling
- Assist clients in identifying, understanding, and solving problems
- Coordination with attorneys, water users, administrators, objectors, and colleagues
- Preparation of scopes of work, technical reports, including expert disclosure reports
- Expert testimony in Water Court
- Ability to foster relationships that lead to new and repeat clients
We support and encourage ongoing professional development, and participation in relevant professional organizations in the community.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in water rights and water resource engineering, including a working knowledge of Colorado water rights and water administration
- Strong technical skills, including skill in interpretation and understanding of water right decrees; administration guidelines; maps; and water supply, demand, and use data
- Strong writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Professional registration preferred
- Positive attitude
- Independent, self-directed, motivated
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
If you meet the minimum requirements above and are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Leonard Rice Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sr. Project Manager- Water Quality Regulatory & Permitting (Denver, CO)
Are you passionate about water quality and environmental compliance? Do you want to work for a growing company that provides ownership opportunities, supports staff development and believes in a healthy work/life balance? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? Then we want you on our growing Environmental Management team at Leonard Rice Engineers.
LRE is an employee owned consulting engineering firm with a dedicated history of providing consulting services related to planning, managing, and developing water at the highest level of technical excellence that is professional, ethical, and profitable. The staff of Leonard Rice Engineers is proud of the exceptional way we serve our clients and the water community. Our work is essential in supporting healthy streams and aquifers and providing safe and reliable water supplies.
- Continuity: We value perpetuating the firm. Our long‐term relationships are based on mutual respect.
- Integrity: We value ethical practices. We do what we say we will do.
- Openness: We value honest communication. We are timely, open, and direct.
- Community: We value a great place to work. We encourage creativity, adaptability, and dynamic balance. We contribute to our profession and community.
- Excellence: We value self‐motivation and continuous improvement. We are committed to excellent individual, team, and company performance.
LRE is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to lead the Environmental Management team in Denver, CO. This position will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance for a variety of complex water quality-related projects; and will ensure execution of projects from concept through completion. If you thrive on understanding and implementing complex water quality solutions, navigating environmental regulations, and developing dynamic partnerships, this is the position for you!
- Provide regulatory and permitting expertise for water and wastewater projects.
- Oversee water quality projects from start to finish, including developing sampling and analysis plans, analyzing results, and assessing results in relation to water quality standards and permit limitations.
- Supervise projects related to water quality regulations, standards compliance, and reporting, including:
- Review of data and submissions to the State of Colorado.
- Participation in Stakeholder workgroup meetings.
- Participation in water quality Rulemaking hearings.
- Facilitate stream temporary modification and/or discharger-specific variance related projects.
- Conduct reviews of select 303(d) and M&E listings and be able to apply understanding of 303(d) listing methodology.
- Provide guidance in developing use- attainability analyses.
- Manage projects related to wastewater discharge permitting.
- Review of and comment on CDPS draft-action permits renewals and modifications.
- Preparation of applications for permit renewals and permit modifications.
- Provide assistance with achieving compliance schedule milestones.
- Assist clients through enforcement actions, penalty calculations, and negotiations.
- Provide whole effluent toxicity and pretreatment program guidance including program development, implementation, and negotiations.
- Develop local limits and pretreatment ordinances.
- Provided technical/regulatory guidance to junior level staff in the majority of the above topics.
- Attend and participate in meetings of organizations that are charged with addressing water quality issues.
- Identify emerging issues relevant to water quality and quantity and examining and exploring various approaches to address issues.
- Develop regional opportunities for collaboration with water and wastewater treatment providers.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Strong project management background and proven track record of successful project delivery.
- Strong water quality regulatory, permitting, and compliance experience.
- Progressive direct staff supervision experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, natural resources, or a similar field of study.
- Successful marketing and business development experience.
Additional Preferred qualifications
- Master’s Degree.
- Active presence in the Colorado water market.
- Professional Engineering license in the state of Colorado.
Yes, we have more benefits!
Company ownership opportunity, Bonus potential, 401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Active Wellness Program, Life/AD&D and Disability Insurance, Vacation & Holiday Pay and much more…..
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
LRE is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. LRE promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against employees or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, genetics, ancestry, gender identity, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans. LRE validates right to work using E-Verify. LRE will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm authorization to work in the United States.