Join Our Team
At LRE, our goal is to enable a steady and profitable pace of growth, so we are committed to finding the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. Because we are dedicated to a system of core values, we specifically recruit professionals that are aligned with our needs and culture.
Generally, we hire professionals with five to ten years of water industry experience as an engineer, geologist or scientist, who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel that your education, work experience, and skill sets meet our requirements, we encourage you to send us a letter and resume expressing your interest. Please know that we take seriously our review process and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, health care benefits, career development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment. Our benefits program is designed to provide staff the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth, making LRE a great place to work!
If interested in joining our team, please send your resume to employment@LREwater.com.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Water Resources Staff Engineer (Denver, CO)
We are currently seeking a full time Staff Engineer for our Water Resources Engineering team, with 0 to 3 years of experience in water rights and/or water resource engineering.
Provide assistance to more senior staff in areas such as:
- Hydrologic, water supply, and/or water rights planning investigations
- Interpretation of streamflow, climate, and water diversion data
- Interpretation of topographic maps and irrigated lands from aerial photography
- Interviewing water users and administrators
- Review and interpretation of water right decrees
- Analysis of consumptive use and stream depletions
- Design and calibration of water budget models in support of water court applications and/or water supply planning studies
- Preparation of technical reports
Specific tasks may include performing technical calculations, developing tables and graphs to present data, preparing written descriptions of work tasks, and producing visual materials to support projects and reports as assigned. Work will require coordination with internal staff, clients, jurisdictional representatives, sub-contractors, and other engineering companies.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Agricultural Engineering; Watershed Sciences; or related degree
- Experience and/or knowledge in the above areas of job responsibilities, including a working knowledge of Colorado water rights and water administration, is helpful but not required
- Positive attitude
- Independent, self-directed, motivated
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- CAD and ArcGIS knowledge
If you meet the minimum requirements above and are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leonard Rice Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.