Join Our Team
At LRE, our goal is to enable a steady and profitable pace of growth, so we are committed to finding the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. Because we are dedicated to a system of core values, we specifically recruit professionals that are aligned with our needs and culture.
Generally, we hire professionals with five to ten years of water industry experience as an engineer, geologist or scientist, who demonstrate a combination of technical, management, computer, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. If you feel that your education, work experience, and skill sets meet our requirements, we encourage you to send us a letter and resume expressing your interest. Please know that we take seriously our review process and highly value your interest in our firm.
LRE offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, health care benefits, career development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment. Our benefits program is designed to provide staff the opportunity to realize personal, professional, and financial growth, making LRE a great place to work!
If interested in joining our team, please send your resume to employment@LREwater.com.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Staff Hydrogeologist (Phoenix Office)
Leonard Rice Engineers, Inc. (LRE) is seeking a highly motivated, entry-level Staff Hydrogeologist to join our growing Phoenix Office. The Staff Hydrogeologist will assist on a wide range of Water Resources projects including:
- Water Supply and Recharge Well Design; Drilling and Well Construction Oversight
- Aquifer Characterization; Aquifer testing
- Well Assessments, Modifications, and Rehabilitations
- Water Quality Assessments; Well Siting Studies
- Planning and Permitting for Groundwater Recharge, Storage, and Recovery
- Groundwater and Surface Water Modeling Support
- Provide technical support to senior-level staff on a variety of water resources projects.
- Perform both field and office assignments, as needed.
- Field work will include various forms of hydrologic testing; surface water and groundwater sampling; oversight of well drilling operations, borehole logging, and well installation; and coordination/oversight of subcontractors.
- Field assignments will primarily be local to the Phoenix metro area. Some (approximately 10-20%) travel, including overnight stays, may be required. Field assignments will require ability to perform physically demanding, outdoor work in all types of weather.
- Office work will include technical report writing and review; quality control and quality assurance and tabulation of field and laboratory data; generating boring logs and geologic cross sections; aquifer test design, implementation, and analysis; generating maps and figures; and assistance with groundwater modeling tasks. Additional opportunities for more complex technical work will be available as staff desire and experience warrants.
- Assist in the development of, and independently execute, field work plans.
- Work independently and within multi-discipline teams to meet project schedules, budgets, and objectives for diverse municipal and private sector clients.
- Communicate findings and problems to senior staff, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Apply knowledge of geology and hydrogeology to aid development and management of groundwater resources for clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in geology or hydrogeology (or related field) with 0-3+ years of experience in water resources and/or hydrogeological investigations
- Strong, all-round knowledge and understanding of hydrogeology and geology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong MS Office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible and self-motivated, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Candidates should have the ability to develop competence across all technical areas of his/her work (indicators are computer proficiency, technical writing, verbal communication, presentation skills, learning from experiences, and seeking feedback from more experienced staff).
- Previous experience in consulting a plus
- Experience with ArcGIS, MODFLOW, AutoCAD, AqteSolv, RockWorks, and/or database software a plus
At LRE, our goal is to enable a steady and profitable pace of growth, so we are committed to finding the right mix of people to build our business and serve our valued clients. LRE has been providing high-quality hydrogeologic services in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain regions for over 48 years. The Phoenix office is steadily growing and is dedicated to the long-established LRE core values.